Industry Overview of Heliports Market
IMARC Group, a leading market research company, has recently releases report titled “Heliports Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2023-2028.” The study provides a detailed analysis of the industry, including the global heliports market share, size, trends, and growth forecasts. The report also includes competitor and regional analysis and highlights the latest advancements in the market.
What are Heliports?
Heliports refer to an area of water, land, or adjoining structure, such as buildings and helipads, used for the take-off and landing of helicopters. The helipads on these structures supporting the aircraft are usually made up of steel or aluminum. Heliports are of various kinds, including simple unprepared fields and airfields equipped with fuel, hangars, and aircraft maintenance capabilities. The open area can vary from a two-seat helicopter to a medium twin-engine chopper or up to several acres for facilities serving various aircraft. In addition to this, some designated heliports may also have limited facilities, such as fuel storage or hangars in reserve for touchdown and lift-off areas. These structures are erected and maintained at authorized airports and on top of high-rise buildings with an open court.
How big is the Heliports market?
|Market Size in 2022
|US$ 547.7 Million
|Market Forecast in 2028
|US$ 654.6 Million
|Growth rate (2023 to 2028)
|CAGR of 1.8%
|Base Year of the Analysis
What Are the Growth Prospects and Trends in The Heliports Industry?
The rising volumes of air traffic and the escalating number of commercial helicopters are among the primary factors driving the heliports market. Besides this, the inflating upstream investments in shale gas exploration and the expansion of oil and gas projects, and the high focus of the leading players on durable and economical installations are further augmenting the market growth. Moreover, the elevating requirement for strategically located heliports for emergency transportation during disaster management and the increasing facilities of these structures on rooftops of skyscrapers, owing to the expanding tourism activities, are also catalyzing the global market. Apart from this, the growing popularity of private air travel with VIP facilities and the emerging trend of globalization across countries are acting as significant growth-inducing factors. Furthermore, continual technological advancements, such as the introduction of safer landing and take-off establishments, effectual lighting technologies, and automation of vehicle features, are expected to bolster the heliports market in the coming years.
Uses of Heliports
Heliports, which are designated areas for helicopters to take off, land, and park, serve various essential purposes across different industries. Here are some of the key uses of heliports:
- Emergency Medical Services (EMS): Heliports are critical for supporting air ambulances and medical helicopters, enabling rapid transportation of patients from accident scenes, remote locations, or between hospitals. Heliports located near medical facilities provide efficient access for time-sensitive medical emergencies.
- Offshore Oil and Gas Industry: Heliports are commonly used on offshore oil rigs and platforms to facilitate crew changes, equipment transport, and emergency medical evacuations. They provide a safe and efficient means of transportation for personnel working in remote offshore locations.
- Search and Rescue Operations: Heliports are instrumental in search and rescue operations conducted by government agencies, military forces, and private organizations. They serve as base points for helicopters involved in locating and rescuing individuals in distress, especially in remote or difficult-to-access areas.
- Tourism and Sightseeing: In tourist destinations and scenic areas, heliports offer helicopter sightseeing tours, providing tourists with an aerial view of iconic landmarks and natural attractions.
- Corporate and VIP Transport: Many corporations and high-profile individuals utilize heliports for convenient and time-efficient travel between business locations, airports, and private estates.
What is included in market segmentation?
The report has segmented the market into the following categories:
Product Type Insights:
- Surface Level Heliports
- Rooftop Heliports
- Elevated Heliports
Mode of Operation Insights:
End Use Insights:
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- United Kingdom
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
Who are the key players operating in the industry?
The report covers the major market players including:
- Aluminium Offshore Pte Ltd
- FEC Heliports
- Helidex LLC
- Heliport Systems Inc.
- Technokontrol Global Ltd